Here are a few suggestions to help your next home wax go a little more smoothly.
1. Check to see if you have enough wax first. You’d be surprised at how often someone will start waxing a leg and realize that there are no more cold wax strips in the packet or that the warm wax pot is empty.
2. Make sure your hair is long enough for the wax strips to adhere to. Sometimes, especially when we have a very special evening planned out or if we want to hit the pool wearing our newest bikini and need a new bikini waxing style to match, we are all a little too eager to wax. You will be dissatisfied with the results if you wax too soon.
3. To prevent ingrown hairs and remove dead skin cells, regularly exfoliate the body parts that you wax at home in between sessions.
4. Make sure the area is fresh and clean and that you have removed all skin cream and/or deodorant residue. Particularly, make sure the area is dry. Moisture will make the hair softer, and wax won’t stick to soft hair as well as it will to harder hair.
5. Consider applying a numbing cream or spray. The discomfort will be lessened even though they are not entirely necessary. To start your at-home waxing procedure, some of the instructions on the packet must be smoothed or sprayed on a little while in advance.
6. You should wait for the wax to cool before applying it if you plan to use warm wax as your weapon. In order to prevent painful burns, test it first on the back of your hand before using it on more delicate areas.
7. Although some people might find the following point to be a little extreme, it is reasonable. However, it might come in very handy for someone who is new to waxing at home. Consider taking a painkiller, such as paracetamol, half hour before you start waxing. Any discomfort could be reduced with this.
8. As soon as you remove the wax, wax strip, and—hopefully—hair, relax, take a deep breath, and place your palm on the treated area. It may just be psychological, but it seems to help and does seem to temporarily calm the traumatized area’s shocked skin.