Pubic hair removal is now a matter of concern for both men and women. The search for the best pubic hair removal technique is motivated by the fact that many people choose to remove unwanted body hair in the pubic area for hygiene reasons alone.
Waxing is one very popular method. The results typically last for a few weeks, it is inexpensive, and it can be done from home.
Use these tips to get the best results if you choose to use waxing as your pubic hair removal method of choice:
- The hair shouldn’t be wet before waxing, so avoid taking a shower. Hair absorbs water, becoming softer and less likely to stick to wax effectively. It’s simpler to pull off hair that is tough.
- To make sure that waxing won’t cause an allergic reaction or acute sensitivity, test a small area of skin first.
- Minimum length for hair is 1/8 inch. Wait until it reaches this length if it isn’t already.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash and dry the skin before applying wax to get rid of any lotions or oils that might prevent the wax from sticking to the skin tightly.
- In order to avoid overheating the wax and burning the skin when applying, heat it slowly. Start by testing a small area.
- Instead of being runny, the consistency should be soft.
- Use a pain-relieving cream or gel that can be purchased from pharmacists if pain and discomfort are your main concerns. To numb the skin before waxing, these solutions should be applied 30 to 60 minutes beforehand.
- A thin layer of wax should be applied in the direction of hair growth, and then it should be quickly peeled back close to the skin.
- Instead of pulling up or out, pull back.
- The excess wax should then be removed by cleaning the skin with a warm, damp towel.
- To reduce the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs, avoid covering freshly waxed areas with tight clothing. 24-48 hours after pubic hair removal waxing, exfoliate the skin (with a Loofa sponge, for instance) to stop the buildup of dead skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
Best Positions When Performing A Waxing Pubic Hair Removal Session:
- Option 1: Take a chair and sit in it with your legs apart and your feet up above your waist.
- Option 2: Sit with one leg extended above your waist and the other leg resting on the floor.
- 3. In this position, all the areas that can be waxed are spread taut.
- 4. Lay on your side with the top leg bent at the knee and tucked behind the bottom leg that is straight out.
- Option 5: To make it easier to work on the genital areas, bend your knees and keep your legs wide apart. If you need more control, place a mirror on the ground.
Many people favor having a professional perform the pubic hair removal waxing procedure at a salon. An informative article on what to anticipate from Brazilian waxing can be found in the resource box.